Don’t be intimidated by cooking wagyu at home. Its sophisticated flavor is balanced perfectly by its simple preparation. Did you know our wagyu costs ONE-THIRD what you would pay at a restaurant for most likely a lower quality? Be your own chef.
Here are three things to consider when your order arrives and you’re ready to sear!
Freeze or Refrigerate?
Since your product arrives frozen, it can remain so for up to 1 year. Cook when you’re ready to experience the intense marbling and unmatched tenderness. To thaw, put it in the refrigerator for 24 hours or let it sit at room temperature for a few hours. DO NOT run it under warm water.
Your product can stay in the fridge for up to 1 week.
How To Season
Wagyu doesn’t need much because its flavor is already on a level above any steak you have ever consumed. It’s buttery and sweet with serious umami.
We recommend dusting on salt and pepper or our Standard Steakhouse seasoning before the meat sits out to arrive at room temperature. Once seared, hit it up with our Black Truffle Sea Salt or Black Lava Sea Salt to really add a ‘wow’ finisher. All of our seasonings are available to purchase online.
When you have the highest quality cuts of steak, you want to prepare them perfectly. Read below for tips on how to ensure an ideal crust & juicy tenderness.
- Pat dry with paper towel to remove any excess moisture. This will assure you get a nice crust.
- Season to your palate.
- Let steak sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes for even heating.
- Grill or sear using a cast iron skillet or hot rock. DO NOT grill Japanese wagyu because the fat content is too high.
- Cooking Heat For Stovetop: Medium High. Allow the pan to come to temperature and let it heat for 5 minutes. For Grill: 450-500 degrees
- For medium doneness, cook an average of 4 minutes per side.
- Finish with our Black Truffle Sea Salt or Black Lava Sea Salt.